A few readers have asked if there was a post that listed all of the items we’ve discussed for car emergency kits. Whelp – here it is:
- Water – 3 day supply is ideal
- Food – 3 day supply is ideal.
- Jumper Cables
- Spare Tire (if its not included with your car)
- Road Flare
- Reflective Vest
- Insurance Card
- Auto Club Card/Roadside Assistance Card (ex. AAA)
- Disposable Camera
- First Aid Kit
- Cold Weather items/gear/clothing
- Items for Pets if they frequently travel with you
- Items for children/babies if they frequently travel with you
- Review what to do if your car stops on the road, or you are in an accident.
Am I forgetting anything? Keep in mind all of the topics listed above have a whole post dedicated to that subject with details and answers to questions you may have. Just look over our links in the Disaster/Emergency Kit archives. Example: the “Cold Weather Items” Post has a list just for that category.
If there’s something you would add to the list above, I’d love to hear it! Happy kit building y’all!