- 3 cups eFoodsDirectSouthwestern Beans & Rice (prepare according to pkg. directions)
- 4 cups diced roasted cooked chicken (pick one up from deli section of local store).
- 2 cups fresh grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeno (remove seeds)
- 1 cup chopped garlic cloves
- 1 14oz diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a large pan and warm chicken over medium high-heat with olive oil. Remove from pan. Add onions, pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Sauté them until soft. Stir in tomatoes,
cumin, beans and rice mixture with chicken broth. Add chicken.
Add mixture to a large baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 10 minutes. Serve with a mixed green salad.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes; Makes 6 Servings.