- 3 cups eFoodsDirect Minestrone Soup (prepare according to directions)
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 28 oz can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 15oz can kidney beans
- 1 cup carrots-chopped
- 1/2 cup celery-chopped
- 1 cup onion-chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp.dried sage
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked medium penne pasta
- 1-cup zucchini-chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach-chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
In a 6qt. slow cooker, combine Minestrone soup, broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, sage, and bay leaves. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Thirty (30) minutes before the soup is fully cooked, add zucchini and spinach. Cover and cook another 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves and season with salt and black pepper. Transfer into soup bowls and sprinkle Romano cheese over the top.
Cooking Time: 4.5 hours; Makes 6 Servings.
Questions? Comments? Variations? We want them all!