- 2 cups eFoods Direct Tortilla Soup (prepare according to directions)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 chicken breasts-cooked and shredded
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1-cup water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14oz can stewed Mexican tomatoes
- 1/4-cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 6 tortillas-cut into strips
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and shredded chicken; sauté for 4 minutes. Add tortilla soup, chipotle chili powder and cumin; stir very well. Add water, salt, chicken broth and tomatoes bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet. Spray strips with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Top soup with baked tortilla strips, cilantro and a lime wedge.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes; Makes 4 Servings.
Questions? Comments? Variations? We want them all!